Pesticide in layman’s terms is a weapon used by farmers to kill their small natural enemies like pests, insects, rodents and weeds. Chemical pesticides were exposed to the Indian agriculture for the first time with the advent of the green revolution and modern agriculture. Initially, chemical pesticides gained multiplied currency among the farmers and dominated the market for decades until the discovery of their deteriorating effects on soil health, biodiversity and health of the living organisms. and In the Meantime, researches lead to the development of biopesticides which not only promotes organic farming but also unlike their synthetic counterparts do not encourage any negative effects.
Doe Zantamata is famously quoted on soil saying “To most people, it's the dirt. To farmers, it’s potential.” But the non-judicious use of chemical pesticides was are lowering down this potential. And to mitigate this, the Uttarakhand government realised the significance of biopesticides. #Switch to biopesticides #what is a pesticide?
Uttarakhand government is the first one to introduce organic farming laws in India, recently the government of Uttarakhand declared to procure a new law labelled Organic Agriculture Act, 2019 to forbid the usage of chemicals in specific areas. It proposes to penalize INR 1 lakh fine and imprisonment for one year to those who violate the law. The government is working to switch from chemical to organic agriculture. According to the data compiled by the Directorate of plant protection, quarantine and storage, Uttarakhand is swiftly switching to the usage of biopesticide. #OrganicAgricultureAct #Government initiatives
Moreover, Uttarakhand government has banned the usage of few some popular chemical pesticides like Ashphate, Alterazine and captain, these are a few of the highest consumed chemical pesticides in India. #Banchemicalpesticide
Benefits of biopesticides
1. Soil fertility and healthy food
2. No adverse effects on the health of living organisms.
3. Saves water
4. Demotes pollution
5. Provides sufficient yields
#what are benefits of bio-pesticides?
With increasing awareness of food safety and the popularity of organic food, the use of bio-pesticides in Uttarakhand is vigorously escalating . The government of Uttarakhand have the intentions to go 100% organic, this is going to provide theimpetus encourage for the production and import of the bio pesticides.
The growth drivers of the market are:-
1. Increasing demand for organic food.
2. Government Policy change.
3. Growing population.
4. The decline of arable land.
5. Low food grain yield.
#What is the potential of the biopesticide industry? #What are key drivers of biopesticide industry?
Future market expectations
Uttarakhand is undergoing a major agricultural and industrial transformation, with a stable political environment and evolving industry in the coming years biopesticide industrymight must be going to prosper.
The major propellant for the speculated growth are:-
1. Stable political environment: The successive governments of Uttarakhand are committed to a progressive business habitat as the government plans on switching to 100% organic farming.
2. Abundant resources: Uttarakhand is a state with a variety of flora and fauna encompassing rare medicinal plants.
3. Infrastructure: The government of Uttrakhand is planning to set up biotechnology parks to promote the production of biotechnological products including biopesticides.
4. Ease of doing business: Under the scheme, the government has set up a single-window clearance system for easy approvals.
Major suppliers of biopesticides in Uttrarakhnd
1. Euro Life Agro
2. Singh associates(Rudrapur)
3. Agrilivindia Pvt Ltd(Rudrapur)
4. Aries Agro Ltd(Rudrapur)
5. Hari Organic Manures(Dehradun)
6. Clover Organic Pvt Ltd(Dehradun
Very informative bro ❤️👍👍
Amazing... This article can saves the life of manys..
Great step....keep it up😁👍