Updated: May 26, 2022
Indigenous technical / content within the community, area and native culture. A source for our ancestors who learned the techniques from their previous experiences and experiments. These vary from place to put, and therefore the information is disseminated through folk songs, stories, and scriptures. Location information - information that's different from a specific culture or community. It opposes the international system produced by universities, research institutes and personal firms. it's the premise for decision-making at the local level in agriculture, health care, food preparation, natural resources management in education and a bunch of other activities in rural communities. It is a cognition base, which helps to speak and make decisions. ‘Geographically’, because it is rooted in a very particular community and is found within a large range of cultures. it's a set of experiences produced by people living in those communities.
Superior over others
• it's an outsized role and scope • Avoid chemicals that build up and keep the soil alive. • Stability pressure • Provides opportunities for organic farming • Practices before planting • Soil and conservation • Pest and disease control • Post-harvest management
• Keep a quiet place. • No pesticide costs. • No health risks. • No pollution occurs. • Low labor costs. • Use of local materials.
• ITK is straightforward to use and meets dependencies. So people within the community can easily solve their problems. • Most ITKs have a scientific value. ITK could also be used for research project. • It operates differently and is linked to agriculture and involves the employment of low cost. • ITK is environmentally friendly within the agricultural system. • Specific ITK assists the expansion worker to live the depth of data. • Information is created locally and is restricted. So ITK helps the farmer to form his own decisions.
• ITK passed down orally from generation to generation. Errors will inevitably creep into ITK if there are not any proper documentation. • Most ITK passed on to members of the general public through proverbs, folklore, and folk songs. Most of the time a member can't easily remember them. • The scientific community doesn't accept them because most of them don't have any scientific meaning. • ITK fails to deliver on scientific intelligence which is why Modern Technology is losing lots of ITK.
1. Information • Trees and plants that grow well together • Index of plants
2. Practices and technologies • Seed treatment and storage • Available setting methods • Treatment of diseases 3. Beliefs • Beliefs can play a very important role in people's lives and in maintaining their health and environment. • Sacred forests are protected for religious reasons.
4. Tools • Planting and harvesting equipment • Cooking pots and starters
5. Building materials • Building materials • Basket building materials and other craft industries
6. Testing • Farmers' integration of latest tree species into the present farming system • Monthly testing of recent remedies
7. Biological resources • Species of animals • Local plants and tree species
8. Human resources • Specialized as a therapist and metalworker • an area organization like a gaggle of relatives, bodies of elders, or groups participating and exchanging activities.
9. Education • Traditional teaching methods • vocational education • Learning to acknowledge.
Some useful mixtures
Ingredients rubbish - 5 kg Cow urine - 5L Cow's milk - 1 l Flour - 250 g Water - 100L
a way to use: Sprinkle seeds before sowing as seed treatment.
Scientifically verified by: TNAU, Coimbatore and CSKHPKV, Palampur
Ingredients Cow urine - 100L junk - 100-200kg Flour - 500 g water - 300 L Stored for 10 days (Fermentation)
a way to apply (Cleaned 20 times before use) • By drip irrigation • Sprinkle with leaves • Feed the soil with microorganisms so the residue decomposes quickly. Scientifically proven by: University of Stellenbosch, African nation
cow dung slurry 4kg
fresh cow dung 1kg
cow urine 3L
cow milk 2L
cow butter oil 1kg
3L panchgavya diluted in 100L water.
for seed treatment and seedling treatment
validation : TNAU, Coimbatore
4. Amrit ghol
cow urine 5L
cow dung 1 kg
mixed and kept for 5 days
soil fertility enhance and can be sprayed for flowering and growth enhancer.
validity : a,khil bhartiya sajona kheti samaj, Goa
5. Jiva amrit
cow dung 10 kg
cow urine 10L
jaggery 2 kg
gram flour 2 kg
live soil 1kg
soil fertility enhances
validity : TNAU, Coimbatore
6. Amrit pani
cow dung 10kg
cow desighee 250g
used with irrigation water
soil fertility enhances
validity : CSIR, Nagpur
Bombay Duck fish 2.5 kg
Powdered sesame oil cake (1 kg)
Rice husk (1 kg)
Molasses (1 Kg)
cow urine (7.5 litres)
everything mixed in earthen pots, stir twice a day both sides, after 40 days filtered and collected
For more: Indigenous Technical Knowledge (ITKs) to market organic farming (jaivikkheti.in) TNAU Agritech Portal :: Indigenous Farming